Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Bring me back to 2015

Well, it's the time of the year again..

Recapping my life events in 2015. Reading back my post on my year on 2014, I'm so happy that I blogged about it..because it certainly brings back all the memories when I re-read it. I hope I'll continue to post every year so when I read back 10 years later, I'll realise how much I've been through and grown.

1. 2015 Chinese New Year
CNY is always a big celebration for Chinese all over the world.
and..in 2015, I wore a cheongsam!! The last time I wore it was when I was 8 years old?!






2. Conferences with my SSM2 research
I am indeed blessed with lots of opportunities. Presented at Brunei Nephrology Symposium and won the best presenter award miraculously o_o
Placed 3rd at 9th MalIndoBru conference as well.
Thank you!! All hard work paid off!

 With my amazing supervisors, Dr. JT & Dr. Ayub!! They're the best!


3. A 3 days course on Basic Life Support
I know how to perform bandaging and CPR now!! Although I kinda forget the exact steps now because I didn't practise it at all..


4. My Bali Trip!
Read it here.

Also got the spent the summer with L :)
My first colour run & The Run, horse riding and many more!!!

5. Graduated from UBD and proceed to UCC, Cork
Life changing moment of my life.
I've finally achieved my first degree in UBD and proceed to my partner medical school in Cork.
This is just the first step..and I'm taking things one step at a time.


Baby steps (:

My post on cohort 8 graduation & transition phase in Cork.


Never have I imagined that I'll be staying with 3 other girls at the student accommodation..
Before coming to Cork, I've always worried because I've listened to toooo many room mates stories and problems. Thankfully, we compromise each others' habits and have a good relationship.
Apartment A1 girls ♥ ♥ 

6. Removed my braces
I removed my braces just 2 days before flying off to Cork.
This reminds me that I need to do a blogpost about my braces journey soon... >___<

7. First pubcrawl
Was so excited about it. I've only drink once or twice per year, usually during CNY..
I've always wanted to train my alcohol tolerance..
A even searched on 'drinking for dummies' in the net!!
Before going, we ate food rich with fats, like potato crisps and pizza!!
Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and go to the toilet frequently!




It's safe to say, I'm not a clubbing person. It's so exhausting and crowded. People could spill beer easily on you. Trust me, it's not a good experience.
More of a pub and chill person :D

8. Spending time with my girls in Cork
Probably my favourite leisure in Cork - having girls talk and girls night outs. Miss you baby J!! 

First mooncake festival away from home :'( 
Thankful to have my girls with me 

9. Oktoberfest
World largest beer festival in Germany. No idea why Francescan Well had one so we went anyways. First oktoberfest experience...eventhough we went there more for the pizza...
Ordered 3 pizzas for the 3 of us!!
And that's when I fell in love with Quattro formaggi (4 cheeses of Gorgonzola, Fontina, Ricotta & Irish buffola mozzarella)
How can anyone NOT like cheese? Cheese is love!! (So are potatoes, mushrooms and eggs).

 10 euros for one large pizza. Super worth it!


Funny how it's a beer festival but we only ordered half pint of beer and shared among 3 of us (and we can't even finish it!) 


10. Cork's Jazz Festival
This was an impromptu event that we went..
My friend told me that every year, Cork's Jazz festival is held during exam week and they never had the chance to go. This year, however, we had our exam earlier and so this was actually the first year they could go. 
We're so so lucky! We just came to Cork and we get to experience the jazz festival, which I heard, was the second largest jazz festival in the world!

Food stalls beside the main stage at the city centre~ We tried so many food on that day!
We had chocolate fudge, mini donuts, 2x burger, strawberry & nutella crepe, chunky chips with curry sauce, and many many more!! 
Felt so guilty after that..





11. Halloween
My first Halloween experience! 
We all took a while to get ready xD 
A++++ for the efforts tho for the make up & budget costumes (not that bad right? hahaha)


 My squad 







Favourite pic among all 

12. My 22nd birthday
Post here.

13. Majlis Bersama Rakyat 2015 
Reunited with C, my fellow medic8ions and cohort 8!! 




14. L coming to Cork
First vacation alone! 
Thank you so much for coming. 

Our Dublin trip: here

Our London trip: here

That's about it!
2015 was actually a tough year, academically, socially and mentally but I'm thankful for whatever happened. 

Be more positive, stay strong and embrace what's coming.
2016, please be good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment