Monday, October 15, 2018

Cork's Fota Wildlife Park

Another place in Cork that I probably wouldn't go if J didn't ask me to..

Opens everyday 10am - 6pm (with 4:30pm as last entry)
Price: €16.50 for adults (€12 for students)















Butterfly sanctuary.. I think this photo was an attempt to take a shot on the butterflies but there were no where to be seen. Tells a lot about my photography skills.


Such a gloomy day. It kind of drizzled on off throughout the day



Didn't actually get to take any with ?kangaroos - what are those actually? Excuse me with my limited knowledge on the animal kingdom species :S

Thank god we brought an umbrella. Cork's weather is always unpredictable.

We took a taxi there, but we rode the train back.

We spent nearly the whole afternoon at Fota. The red pandas were hiding so we didn't get to see them at all. It was raining for half of the day, so most animals were hiding xD

With the taxi, you would reach Fota's entrance but it costs a lot more. I think J paid for nearly €20? Taxi takes about 25-30 minutes, depending on traffic. 
Using the train/Irish rail, Cork Kent station to Fota station costs €2.70 for a single ticket. However, Cork Kent station is an hour walk from where we stayed.. Alternatively, we could use the bus to Cork city centre and then another bus to kent station again, which would take about 50 minutes in total? 

Cork's public transport isn't the greatest. It reminds me so much of Brunei, where most of the people travel by their own car. 

Despite the bad weather and lack of attractions, I still enjoy the accompany (:


No comments:

Post a Comment